Thursday, January 5, 2017

Billy's Fried Rice

My boyfriend's name is Billy.
Billy makes me fried rice.
I love Billy.


I wish everything else in life was that easy to love. This is by far my favorite breakfast fried rice EVER. Simple to make and hits the spot when you're extra hungry. I've made this a few times by myself now and it just doesn't taste as good as when someone else makes it for you. Therefore, heavily hint a loved one right now, like tonight that you want this for breakfast and it will be a true test of their love for you ;-)

Ingredients

 About 5 cups cooked rice (good way to use leftover rice)
1 package of bacon or 1 portuguese sausage or Spam, chopped or hey maybe a little of each!
1 onion, chopped
5 eggs, beaten
3 sprigs green onion, chopped
About 1/3 cup Oyster sauce
About 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
1 teaspoon Dashi powder (kelp and fish soup base)
a little oil

Directions

1. Heat up wok or pan and fry bacon until crispy.
2. Add in onions and cook until almost translucent then drain excess oil.
3. In a separate pan heat up a little oil and fry egg.
4. Add rice to the bacon and onion and mix in oyster sauce, soy sauce, dashi, and green onion. Mix and cook together for 5-10 minutes. Add more oyster sauce and soy sauce if the rice doesn't look as brown as the picture)
5. Chop up egg and stir it into the rice.
6. Serve it up hot!


No comments:

Post a Comment