Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Teri Crab Baked Salmon

"This is the best salmon I've ever had in my life" are the exact words my dad sputtered with his mouth half full of fish. This is a huge compliment considering my dad is one of my harshest food critics only second to myself. With this being said, I knew this was a recipe I needed to share with the world. If you are a novice chef, have no fear! My dad who cooks with no more than 3 ingredients and usually there is a can opener or a microwave thrown in the process was even able to pull this one off! Alright, yes he didn't buy the thick teriyaki sauce crucial for this recipe but hey, at least he didn't come home from the store with barbecue sauce. Anyways...Thank you to Dane, a fireman on Kauai who works with my boyfriend and passed this recipe down. I am forever grateful for such an easy yet impressive way to cook salmon!






Serves 6-8

Ingredients

1 slab salmon
1 pack of imitation crab, chopped
1 small can water chestnuts, chopped fine
Mayonnaise
Thick teriyaki sauce (like Yoshida's Brand)
Panko crumbs
1 Tablespoon Wasabi
Furikake


Directions



  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
  2. Line a 13" x 9" pan with tin foil and place salmon in skin side down.
  3. Pour about 3/4 cup of the teriyaki sauce on the salmon.
  4. In a bowl mix together the imitation crab, water chestnuts, 1 Tablespoon wasabi, and enough mayonnaise to make it a thick spread (start with 1/2 cup and add to your liking).
  5. Spread this mixture on the salmon.
  6.  Top it with a light layer of furikake.
  7. Finish by sprinkling panko all over the top until covered.
  8. Bake for 25-35 minutes depending on the thickness of your salmon.
  9. Eat hot and fresh with rice!

No comments:

Post a Comment