Saturday, March 8, 2014

Acai Bowl

When I first figured out I could make this I think I ate it for breakfast and snack for almost a year (remember that Divina?). Luckily, it's healthy and the ingredients are fairly easy to get anywhere you are. I made it in Washington when I was homesick even if it was snowing outside. Okay you guys, no more spending 12 bucks now for this little bowl of purple smoothie!

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 1/2 cups frozen mixed berries or frozen blueberries
2 bananas (apple banana is best use 3)
1/2 cup vanilla yogurt (optional)
1/2 cup acai juice (find at CostCo)

Optional add ins
Lilikoi (passion fruit)
1/2 a papaya
mango

Toppings

Granola (see my recipe for honey nut granola)
Fresh blueberries/stawberries/bananas for topping 
Honey 

Directions

1. Slice some of the banana and save on the side for topping.
2. In the blender mix remaining banana, yogurt, acai juice, and frozen berries.
3. Pour smoothie into bowls and top with granola then blueberries and sliced bananas.
4. Last, drizzle that up with HONEY and dig in. Taste of paradise is what that is.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the recipe. Acai Berry Juice has been my favorite since childhood days. I just love the taste of these berries. I would like to ask if I can skip adding Bananas and add some other fruits like Mangoes or Oranges?

    ReplyDelete