Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Corn and Bean Salsa

I remember the weekend I learned to make this very vividly. I had to take my Praxis test to become Elementary Ed certified and I sat in a room circling bubbles for 5 hours straight. Waiting at my friend Lauren's house in Washington was the salsa. Luckily, I passed the dreadful test and scored this delicious recipe! Adapted from Lauren Kayahara's mom! Thank you!




Ingredients

1 can each
Corn
Pinto Beans
Black Beans
Water Chestnuts

Red Onion chopped
Tomato chopped
Cilantro chopped
Avocado chopped
squeeze of lemon/lime
Salt/pepper

1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar

Directions

  1. Mix together all the canned goodies.
  2. Pour cider over the ingredients and let marinate for an hour.
  3. Right before serving add avocado, onions, tomatoes, salt, pepper, lemon/lime, and cilantro.
  4. Serve with some tortilla chips and you will be addicted!!

No comments:

Post a Comment